Preparation Time 10 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cooking Time 1 hour 20 minutes
1 x 900g piece pork belly, squared
1 cup honey
2 cinnamon sticks
¼ cup port or sherry
½ cup char sui sauce
1. Combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. Pour marinade into the base of a non-metallic baking dish and marinate the pork belly skin side up for up to 1 hour.
3. Drain off marinade and reserve, place the belly into the pre-heated oven at 220°C for 20 – 25 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to 180°C and baste with glaze, cook for a further 30 minutes.
5. Allow belly to rest prior to cutting into 4 neat squares.
6. If skin is not crisp. Heat a small non-stick pan on a high heat and place into the pan skin side down to crisp.
7. Serve hot with a little extra glaze.
Notes: pork belly may be cooked the day before and re-heated in a hot pan the next day.